Being a mompreneur is dope and definitely possible mommies! It’s the dopest way to stay in tune with motherhood and the business world. If you have the means to stay and run your business from your home with your chicken nugget, you can definitely benefit from being both mother and CEO.
Mommying (Yes, I did turn it into a verb) is a full-time job in itself. For us business owners turned mommy’s, let’s take a moment to inhale the screaming and exhale to future success. Make sure you have a glass of wine before bed, too.
What other position will allow you to set up a full office AND teach your child the essentials they will need in life? What other position can afford you the comfortability of leaving for doctor’s appointments and family vacations without worrying about time or loss of income? Not one unless you make the move for yourself.
As a mompreneur, you have benefits that will make you an effective business guru:
- You can stay home and work. This saves gas money and it saves you going into an office after a lack of sleep and irritation for mommying.
- You will be able to cater to each client in the way you want as you will have the freedom of deciding what goes and doesn’t go.
- Your little nugget will take your hustle from 95% to 150% because that little you will suffer if you do not make a way.
- You will adapt patience. Lord knows children have tantrums, they scream, they sing, they talk and they are little villains sometimes.
- You will be a support system and build support systems. Being a mother forces you to step out of your comfort zone and find a better network that will be able to mold you into the new woman you are. With a business, these networks can also be a way to draw in new clientele.
- You will become a closer and negotiate effectively. You argue with your toddler like a crazy person and you will then take those skills and tactics to your clients and reason, compromise, and communicate effectively.
- Lastly, you will learn to work under pressure and build diamonds under that pressure. Listen, with a baby and a business you will learn that deadlines, to-do list, Power Hours are a MUST!
Why can’t you be a mother AND business woman again? YOU can do it. Even if you don’t start off where you want to be… start. Your baby needs you to start. They need to see the hustle, the grind, and the work ethic being put forth.
Check these articles out for your entrepreneurial minds: