Cocktails are very appropriate and Saturday drinkin’ is the best drinkin’! As I was scrolling through Pinterest and thinking of cool ways to incorporate my friends BACK into my life, I found a jewel. See, as a mother and a fly girl, you have to learn to balance mommy life with best friend life. I think a cocktail, a bomb brunch, and girl talk is perfect. This inspired moi to introduce Saturday Drinkin’ recipes and ideas for fly gals and their friends.
The first cocktail is kind of sweet, southern inspired, and delish! This festive margarita includes fresh blackberry puree, lemonade, and tequila. Tart, lightly sweet, and easy to get a little tipsy to get the juice from all your gal pals.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Servings: 2 Margaritas
For the Blackberry Puree:
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups fresh blackberries, rinsed and drained
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sugar
For the Margarita:
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 lemons (use Meyer lemons if possible)
- 4 teaspoons blackberry puree
- 4 ounces prepared lemonade (homemade or store bought)
- 4 ounces good quality silver tequila
- Process blackberries in a blender until smooth. Place a wire mesh colander over a small bowl and pour the blackberry puree into the colander, pushing it through the wire mesh and into the bowl with the back of a spoon. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons sugar to the seedless puree and stir to combine. Taste and add additional sugar if desired. Cover bowl and refrigerate puree until ready to make cocktails. Can be made several days in advance.
- Place 1/4 cup sugar on a small plate. Add the zest of one lemon and mix to combine. Run the cut side of a lemon lightly around the rim of your margarita glasses and then dip the moistened rim into the sugar/zest mixture to coat the rim. Fill each glass about half-way with ice.
- Fill a cocktail shaker about 3/4 full with ice. Add 2 teaspoons of the blackberry puree, 2 ounces lemonade, and 2 ounces silver tequila. Squeeze in the juice of 1/2 a lemon. Place cover on shaker and shake vigorously. Strain through the cocktail shaker over ice. Garnish with a slice of lemon and a blackberry and serve.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients for second cocktail.
Try something new and get in that kitchen, invite your girls’ over and drink those delicious margaritas.